Friday, March 6, 2009

I always liked the word alluvial

Dogey went to Fresdoggy-dogg recently and saw some remodeling to our old house. We are all depressive sentimentalists, so to make it more sad for us all I'm posting this low-budget video I shot during the last Christmas at 1441 W. Alluvial. It will undoubtedly only be 5:29-worth of interest to my family and maybe my BFF Erin, but here it will live for when anyone wants a good cry.

This is the Christmas where Trav spent most of the time on the phone with Delta looking for his luggage. I didn't pick up a thing; it's in a state that Marge would probably object to having filmed, but it's accurate. The house is good, but honestly the best part is little Buddy and the raccoon potholder. There's a great moment where I'm walking down the hall and Pops turns off the light. He is famous for that. Jessie has highlights. Owie's a little baby. There's some random Christmas music blasting, and someone is always doing dishes - that night, it was Heff. Marge & Pops' bathtub looks especially grotesque in bad video. And Trav is not actually, you know, on the pot.


Fresno House from Alisa Muelleck on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Jeff F said...

Ahhh! I feel lucky to have married into the family early enough to make many great memories in that house. It makes it worse to see it in video....to think that the parentals left that to move to the lovely, sameness of Highland.

Jane Elizabeth said...

I am also an extremely sentimental person when it comes to houses. I got it from my father, who would still drive me by the house he grew up in, even 30 years after his parents sold it.
I moved from my first childhood home in Junior High. We only moved about a mile away, but we used to "drive by the old house" every sunday after church. It had been remodeled, which was interesting, but much, much more devastating was the day it had a major fire. I watched it burn from acroos the street, later learning that the dog died that day in my bedroom. It was horrifying to watch.
I still have such fond memories of growing up at 2307 Ash Lane.

Lima Bean said...

i seriously watched that on the verge of tears not wanting it to end. 5 minutes 29 seconds isn't long enough to record all the memories that i wanted to relive.

Em said...

loooved that! how fun and sad. you forgot to film the pool, btw. also, i totally remember when buddy would get so excited to talk he would almost stutter. so darling.

Unknown said...

Ummm....I had some fun visits there too!! I still have dreams about visiting you. I think you need to amend your post to saying childhood Utah BFF would be interested as well.

allie said...

uhhh you forgot to say and dogey looks like a whale. and has a very annoying laugh for the first two mintues. yeeesh.