Thursday, July 23, 2009

That gleam in your eyes

Everyone thinks their family's kids are the cutest and funniest, whether their own birthed children or nieces and nephews. But seriously, I believe I can say without prejudice that my niece KG has a terrific habit that she's sure to lose soon enough, so thank goodness for video and the internet to preserve it.

In preparation, you'll want to refresh yourself with this little bit of Sleeping Beauty:



In June, visiting Neck, JG, and the kids, I took Baby Bubba outside on the patio to rock him to sleep because it was 72 degrees with a breeze and that, combined with the sounds of Fountain Valley traffic, really seemed to calm him. KG joined us with her swaddled baby and sang a little lullaby. (I'm sorry to say that I appear, quite unshowered after lots of time in airplanes and the bed, and with a silent laughing maniac smile.)



Sleeping Beauty herself would fit right in to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir circa-1982 with that deluxe vibrato, but she stays pretty well within her range. We can't quite figure KG's interpretative three-octave jump, but then who am I to deny her artistic license?

2 comments:

Lima Bean said...

I'm glad to see it has been preserved side-by-side with the original. I have watched this at least 10 times, and every time it makes me laugh out loud. It's gonna be fun in August with all the kiddos together. Mom is going to be in grandma heaven.

Jessica said...

I am also glad to see it preserved, as she has gotten quite good at staying in the correct octave. She still sings it at least 10 times a day. :)