Sunday, November 9, 2008

This is a very good list

Oxford University has come up with the Top 10 most irritating phrases, and I do love a good bit of judgment and mocking. Here we go:

1. At the end of the day
2. Fairly unique
3. I personally
4. At this moment in time
5. With all due respect
6. Absolutely
7. It's a nightmare
8. Shouldn't of
9. 24/7
10. It's not rocket science

Hear, hear! And I would add these:

11. Literally (as in ValleyGirl style, when it is most decidedly not literal)
12. Mom and I's trip is coming up (as in, should be Mom's and my)

3 comments:

Lima Bean said...

i really want that shirt. after jeff and i read this list we heard at least three of them while we watched some reality tv. first one was at the end of the day. oy.

allie said...

you say "it's a nightmare" all the time!
i do love that shirt a lot though.

jeepmama said...

I admit... I think I used at least 8 of these last week. But with all due respect, I personally think NC teaches grammar about as well as it dresses prisoners. It's a nightmare...literally.