Monday, February 2, 2009

I've got my very own set of designer genes

Look, Mom! You may have gotten through to me after all.

Pantry, before:


Pantry, about 80 buck worth of baskets and shelves later:


Also on the project list for the weekend:

Plant stand, before:


Plant stand, after sanding and 3 coats of light gray paint (flat, so you can see all the mistakes, but it was leftover so it seemed wasteful to buy more just for this dumb thing). This will be the new home of a terrarium once I build it.



6 comments:

Jane Elizabeth said...

Impressive. My pantry could use some help...

Lima Bean said...

. . .how do they make me look?. . .I didn't choose them, they chose me--I guess they couldn't resist.

Yes, impressive. but the before shot is almost ridiculous. Did you mess it up on purpose? It seriously looks like an earthquake happened just before you took that pic.

Em said...

man. good yob lis. i'm not going to know where anything is when i come, now. :)

Lis said...

I swear that was its real state, with at least 1 cup of spilled dry quinoa on the floor underneath all that crap. Hence my urgency to fix it.

Also, Germil, I think you will have a greater chance of finding something without risk of injury.

Holly said...

Top Ramen? Lis--are you still in college :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lis!
I really love this post because I love to see what is in your pantry. It reminds of when John Mayer put pictures of his lunch every day on his blog. It's so personal. Madagascar Vanilla Red? Me too! Is that a packet of Spiced Cider on the upper left? What do you do with the maraschino cherries? And why do you buy RF Jif? Once I looked into it, but since the calories are the same I don't bother. Does it have some weird textury thing you like (aka dry oranges)? Always creamy? Now I think there should be a blog dedicated to pics of friends' pantries.

And PS I thought painting with flat hid mistakes and gloss highlighted them...you're rocking my world.