Sunday, April 13, 2008

I say, it is time for new albums

Um, excuse me, Neko? Gillian? I respectfully submit that it is far from time for your new albums.

Neko, you are more forgiven than Gillian, because you're still under the 2-year mark, but Gillian, seriously, this is outright mad. 2003?! I have listened to your discs half to death and in theory you have been recording, because you said so and played some of the magnificent new stuff in Charlotte for us two years ago. (Is it because Donnie says your music makes him want to kill himself? Because I'll quit my job.) We can only be so patient. We've been waiting for the Latter-day Saint song to be on cd for at least 4 years now. Stop teasing!

Neko, I bought Furnace Room Lullaby recently, and though I like some of the songs a lot, I do appreciate how on Fox Confessor, your sound evolved a bit from the strict alt-country into the unclassifiable current one. What I call it: perfect. (What Bunny calls it: Boring and slow. Mystery.) Also, the addition of your (I heard) microphone-hogging background chick was another inspired choice. More, please!

No comments: