Saturday, August 16, 2008

At the track

Something just happened - all the Formula cars slowed down by where I'm sitting, and then all the emergency vehicles + one backhoe (and two old-school cars, inexplicably) just drove by.

If the announcer man would speak slower I might have caught what the emergency is, or at least the gist, but he's done talking about it, so while we wait, what's coming through the horribly crackly speaker zip-tied to the fence is a medley of oldies 50s to 90s, not sung by their original musicians, mind you, but by French speakers, so that some verses are in French or sung with a French accent. We were just treated to "The Times, They Are a Changin'" and "Roll Out the Barrels," and now it's "The Marcarena." And a girl is doing it on the bleachers. There aren't enough words in either language to describe the pain. And I'm wearing ear plugs.

5 comments:

Donnie Barnes said...

You forgot about the worst singing of the US national anthem I've ever heard. Completely wrong WORDS, notes, timing, everything. Sure, we're in Canada, so getting a US anthem at all should be a bonus, but dang...if you don't have a singer who can sing it, get a recording.

allie said...

sure wish i was in canada! i can come next year? :)

jeepmama said...

OMG... I just heard "but, daaaaaaaang" in my head. Get outta there, Donnie....

allie said...

sorry to do it like this, but...people visiting my blog = money, so... i started a sports blog :) check it out: http://www.utahjazznews.com/jazzgirl/weblog

anks!

Unknown said...

Boo!

YOu didn't call or write while in Oregon - how sad because if you love yummy babies, I have a really great one at my home. Please tell me you will next time!