Monday, October 27, 2008

Cam & Rebecca are MFEO

My fabulous cousin Cameron and lovely, lovely Rebecca got married in Sacramento this weekend and it might as well have been shot for Martha Stewart. Their invitation was the greatest thing you ever saw, and the whole day was perfectly lovely. Thanks to California for the killer weather.

The bride is wearing burgundy shoes which she didn't remove the whole day, bless her feet. Also, she made her dress. She is that kind of cool.

That's love jam. Peach.

Local apple pie (still warm) and also local juice, donated by the juicers for a wedding present. The pomegranate-berry juice had crack in it.

Their fun band o'hippies did not play the chicken dance. That's Rebecca's brother singing a song he wrote.

My aunt Kathie sewed all that bunting out of vintage fabrics. Totally fabulous.

Rebecca collected vintage dishes & silverware for dinner and chose gorgeous fall flowers.

5 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

How amazing! I cannot believe the hand-sewn bunting. Please tell me they saved it. Also, is it a new thing for brides to wear red shoes? I've heard of several lately. Maybe its just a recent LDS trend?

Lis said...

Oh yeah, Kathie spent hours on that thing. It was a piece of art. I told her she could sell it on etsy but I think she can't bear to part with it quite yet. It was the most marvelous thing.

At least with non-white bridal shoes you could wear them again . . .

Unknown said...

Shmalisa! Thanks for the great pics. We need an online bulletin board to share them all. I esp want the one of me and thee. :)

Unknown said...

PS Your floral arranging was amazing--art under pressure!

Tawna said...

You are quite the photog Lis. I'm impressed.