Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Festival

Those are sweet pickles purchased this morning from the Orange Chapel Methodist Church Fall Festival, which is a lovely morning of kind neighbors, really good country breakfast including biscuits and spicy gravy, grits, country ham, and Diet Pepsi, baked goods, and gospel music sung on the back of a flatbed trailer. It always falls the same weekend as General Conference, and it's all together a very life-affirming and uplifting series of days. If Pops was still here, I'd share those pickles.

3 comments:

Em said...

whoa. when did you change your blog's look? me likey. also i wish we still lived there and could attend the fall festivals with you. there's one here next sat that we might go to...

Donnie Barnes said...

spicy gravy? that's *sausage* gravy, and since sausage is spicy... :-)

hate I missed it. If I had felt better I would have left in time to stop by on my way to the track.

Lis said...

Yeah, what I should have said is that it was really peppery. It's often spicy but I like it when there's a load of black pepper, which this had.