Thursday, January 24, 2008

A ghost cooking green beans


I know I just said I had green fatigue (and I still do, mostly), but this is a great idea from Treehugger. In North Carolina (and most of the Southeast) we are in a very serious drought, one of the worst in history, and though I'm on a well out here in the country, I'm still trying to do my part to conserve. I love this concept, though I think I would want it made of stainless steel or silicone, even, but maybe that plastic could stand up to the heat. Seems a little dubious.

(Why is that hand so ghostly white?)

2 comments:

Em said...

the funny thing about that is if you click on the link, that lady says "everyday, everyone, has to cook rice, pasta, etc..." what the heck is the grammar there and also why does everyone HAVE to cook rice and pasta everyday?

Lis said...

Carbo-loading!